A New Start

With the two bank holiday weekends we've just had here I've managed to get a fair bit of stitching in. So with out further ado here is where I got up to on Sunflower Bellpull at the end of it's rotation slot.

Sunflower Bellpull - detail
And the whole piece:

Sunflower-Bellpull-April-2011

The Drawn Thread - Sunflower Bellpull, 2000
stitched using the recommended threads and linen


The new start in the title is one I've been looking forward to starting since the beginning of the year. It's Tend thy Sheep by Merry Cox and is this years online class through the Shining Needle Society. The class ran through January to March but other commitments prevented me from starting it then. In this rotation slot I've managed to get about halfway round the box band.

Tend-thy-sheep-1
From Merry's Heart - Tend thy Sheep, 1998
stitched using the kit materials

Comments

Your sunflower bellpull looks really good. I think Drawn Thread designs are very classy.
Margaret said…
The Sunflower Bellpull is gorgeous! Love your new start too -- that color linen is wonderful!
Kathy Ellen said…
Karoline, your Drawn Thread "Sunflower" bellpull is just lovely. I am a big fan of Drawn Thread too! Beaufiful stitching start on "Tend They Sheep" piece. (I love the title of the piece!) I just noticed that my inititals (with maiden name) are the same as yours (KK)! Happy Stitching to you, my friend:)
woolwoman said…
Love your sunflower bell pull - enjoy your new MC start - I have several friends in sampler guild doing that piece on SNS too. Hope you have a wonderful Mothers Day! (or maybe they dont' have that in the UK ) Melody
I love the progress you're making on your Sunflower bellpull!

I can't wait to see more of your Merry Cox piece - I bet it's stunning!
mdgtjulie said…
I love the colors in Tend the Sheep. They're gonna be beautiful. Grats on all your progress. Keep up the good work!!
Nancy said…
Sunflower Bellpull is gorgeous, and I know you will enjoy your new start!
Chris said…
Beuatiful Stitching! I love the DT piece.
Lois said…
Sunflower bellpull is coming on so well. Love your new start!
Annemarie said…
Oh, that DT sampler is simply stunning!
Giovanna said…
What a pretty new start! The bellpull is lovely too, you must be getting close to finishing it.
Andrea said…
Wonderful progress. I think Sunflower Bellpull is a lovely uplifting piece. Wow that fabric on Tend The sheep is striking.
Dani - tkdchick said…
The bellpull looks so adorable!
Katrina said…
Love the sunflower bell pull and cute Merry Cox piece too :-).
Siobhán said…
Lovely progress on your bell pull! Nice new start, too.
Jo said…
Gorgeous stitching Karoline!
Julie said…
Love your Sunflower bellpull. Your new project looks like a lot of fun too.

Popular Posts