Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Sewing Finish

For my landmark birthday last year I decided that I would like a new sewing machine as my present. So after some research at the Festival of Quilts I invested in a Janome 6260QC. I also had a good browse round the other stalls and several things came home with me :)

Among them was a printed panel to make a rag book for Rosalin with the goal of getting it sewn before she grew too old to play with them! I met my goal during the week :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

As you can see it appears to be a hit.

16 comments:

Paula said...

Lovely. She seems to love it.

karenv said...

What a lovely idea!

Miss 376 said...

Awww, beautiful. She looks as if she is going to enjoy this one

xstitch.nl said...

Aaw, how adorable!! Who doesn't love Beatrix Potter... :o)

Melissa said...

How wonderful! Now, literally, she has a book she can drool over! ;-)

Nancy said...

Very sweet! I love your Maria Spence Sampler. It's gorgeous!

Sam said...

That's lovely Karoline :o) Looks as if Rosalin is enjoying it already.

Concetta said...

Rosalin definitely loves her book!! So adorable... it's perfect!

I know I'm late, but Happy New Year... I hope that 2009 will be a wonderful year for you and your family.

cathymk said...

Just gorgeous! The ex-children's librarian within is just thrilled to see how much Rosalin loves her new book!

Sheila said...

What a great idea and cute picture too :)

Andrea said...

A wonderful finish.

Carol R said...

Great finish and Rosalin seems pleased

Giovanna said...

How adorable! She'll treasure it, you just see.

mainely stitching said...

Good for you! It's wonderful!

Siobhan said...

Rosalin is a beauty, and so is her book! Great job.

Annemarie said...

Oh, how cool! Is it wrong to covet something that belongs to a sweet little baby?