A Finish!

For February I have moved onto stitching some of my 'small' projects alongside my focus wip 'One Moment in Time'.  The first project I picked up was the ornament that Rosalin has chosen for last year.  I didn't have a lot left to do, just the border to finish and the back stitching so a couple of evening's stitching and it was finished.

IMG_20180206_212111_545

Spool Tree by Sue Hillis Designs, from the 2007 Just Cross Stitch Ornament Edition.  Stitched on white evenweave using the recommended DMC.

After I finished 'Spool Tree'  I picked up a small Just Nan design that I had started at a get together with friends last year, Bee Hive Violets and got a few stitches in.

IMG_20180211_141115

On the knitting front I was back to working on the front of Rosalin's Hoodie, getting close to finishing this piece.

IMG_20180204_142529


There was also a little stash acquisition,  I succumbed to the last Eden Cottage Yarn update and purchased a skein of  Tempo 4ply in Purple Rain and some mini skeins of Nateby 4ply.

IMG_20180203_102827

As you can see someone else has designs on my new yarn!

IMG_20180202_181714


Reading - I was reminded by Rosalin, that I had JK Rowling's Tales of Beedle the Bard on my TBR.  Rosalin is currently thoroughly obsessed with all things Harry Potter so I had to get a move on and get it read so she could have it.

IMG_20180203_103806

I also had a Waterstone's stamp card burning a hole in my pocket so I succumbed to these two:  Take Courage is a biography of Anne Bronte,  I heard an interview with the author on the Tea and Tattle podcast and have had the book on my wishlist ever since.  The Pat Barker is the last book of the 'Regeneration' trilogy and I already have the other two books on my TBR. 


IMG_20180203_103954

Comments

I've been catching up on all your posts Karoline, you've been very busy on all fronts. Your knitting is just beautiful, such fine work. You always choose stitched pieces that I find appealing. Hobbiton looks as though it would have been fun to visit - New Zealand looks like a great place to visit.
Margaret said…
Oh, a biography of Ann Bronte? I'll have to look that up! Nice finish! The hoodie for Rosie looks so pretty! Nice new stash too.
Carol said…
Lovely stitching AND knitting, Karoline! Those sound like very good books--will add them to my list :)
Penny said…
Lovely ornament finish and a nice start on your Just Nan piece! Your knitting is so pretty, Karoline! Someday I will bite the bullet and attempt a garment -- I really think it is the swatching that puts me off. Love the additions to your yarn stash -- your assistant looks like they approve of it too. : )
Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sanpiseth40 said…
I think this is one of the most significant information for me.
And i’m glad reading your article.
But should remark on some general things, the web site style is perfect,
the articles is really great : D. Good job…
ดูหนังออนไลน์

Popular Posts