Talisman Shawl

I finished off 2017 casting off my latest shawl, the Talisman Shawl by Helen Stewart from the first volume of the Shawl Society.  This is knit in Five Moons Luna Plus 4ply in the Daughter of the Sea colourway.

IMG_20180121_110335
IMG_20180121_110302

No pictures of me wearing it I'm afraid as I  have a stinking cold and there is no way I'm getting in front of a camera!

Last week I stitched on a Jackie du Plessis, It's Fine-ally Finished online class that I am taking through the Shining Needle Society.  The class is 'One Moment in Time'  I started back in October but cream backstitch on cream linen does not make for interesting stitching.  However I'm on some of the pattern stitching on one of the pockets at the moment.  The photo show's the pocket in front of one of the sides.

IMG_20180115_215835

My latest shawl cast in is Citron Grand by The Yarniad, I'm knitting it in some Bluefaced Leicester and Silk dyed by Wharfdale Woolworks for Baa Ram Eye that I have had in my stash for some time.

IMG_20180113_183310

I'm trying hard to make sure that I have time for reading in my new work routine, last week I was deep in the world of Stephanie Plum which helped no end with the midwinter blah's.

IMG_20180112_200609_121
 

Comments

I've always wanted to knit a Citron and really should think about actually doing it! New work routines can be hard to get used to but it seems like you're doing just fine!
butterfly said…
Love your shawl , great colour .
I have a head cold roll on spring.
woolwoman said…
I thought I knew Citron but not Citron Grand - sure enough I have Citron in my Rav library - I think the lace weight kept me from trying it out. sorry you are sick - hope it passes quickly and you are back to feeling like your self again. Cheers Mel
Margaret said…
Your projects all look wonderful! Hope you are feeling better soon. I hate being sick.
Sally said…
Love your shawl. It is beautiful.

Lovely stitching and your your shawl is looking pretty.

Popular Posts