Simmer Dim Finish

I am delighted to say I have my first knitting finish of 2017 - Rosie's Simmer Dim.

IMG_20170212_121113
IMG_20170212_121131
IMG_1306

As you can see she is absolutely delighted with it!  Simmer Dim is by Gudrun Johnston, The Shetland Trader and knit in Eden Cottage Yarns Harewood 4ply in Perwinkle(Dark) that Rosie chose at Yarndale last year.  I loved knitting this pattern and it's very likely that I will knit one for myself in the not too distant future.

I have also made some progress on my Whispering Island Shawl by Helen Stewart of Curious Handmade.

IMG_1311
IMG_1310

Close up of the pattern.  Knit in Rowanspun DK from deepest stash.

There was also a couple of yarn purchases in January.   I bought the yarn for my next cardigan project, I'm planning to knit the Scollay by Karie Westerman in Blacker Yarns Lyonesse.

IMG_20170110_143031_118

I also decided that I would join in the Snowmelt mystery knit along by Helen of Curious Handmade.  After much deliberation I decided to use Islington by Kettle Yarn Co in Blighty, Siren Call and l'Heure bleue.

IMAG0955



Comments

butterfly said…
Beautiful knitting love the colour of the first one .
Margaret said…
I'm looking forward to seeing your Snowmelt. So far all the ones I've seen are in variegated yarns. Your color choices are so pretty -- and the solids are going to make for a beautiful shawl. Love Rosie's shawl! It's perfect for her. Love your WIP too. The sweater should look nice with that yarn too!
woolwoman said…
Love Rosie in her new shawl ! how adorable - the yarn for the new gray cardi is lovely! I'll have to look up Snowmelt - don't know about that one. Sounds like winter has been full of lovely yarn and knitting projects. have fun! Mel
Penny said…
Rosie looks very pretty in her new shawl -- I love the color! Your shawl in progress is looking lovely! And some beautiful yarn acquisitions, too. : )
Rosie does look thrilled with her shawl! It's a great color for her too. How did you like the picot bind off?

What a sweet shawl for a sweet girl! And yours has a gorgeous pattern. All lovely yarns too.
Lovely knits and lovely yarn choices Karoline.

Popular Posts