January Stitching

I had hoped to get this post up last week but it's been half term so time for me has been in short supply but we are all back to our regular routine from tomorrow, thank goodness!

I got more stitching done in January than I can show just at the moment, as I'm working on some gift stitching in my focus slot. 

My rotation actually worked out so I had a new start on January 1st!  I did an excavation into some of my deepest stash and pulled out The Drawn Thread's Prairie Garden.  I bought this shortly after it came out in 2000 (ahem!) so it's been long overdue getting stitched...

IMG_1308

I did get Christopher's ornament finished, just in time for it to get put away with the rest.

IMG_20170108_172315

There has also been a bit of stash enhancement happening last month.  I had a lovely trip over to see a local stitching friend at the end of January.  After a lovely day of stitching and chatting as I was leaving she gave me a bag saying she'd been having a clear out and would I like a few things.  I didn't have time to look in the bag for a couple of hours as I had to get back for the school run but when I did I was blown away to find she had given me two hand painted boxes with matching Merry Cox kits along with a Shepherd's Bush needle roll chart!

IMG_1302

I had to place an order for beads for my gift stitching so this cute sampler chart from The Scarlett House had to come too...

IMAG0954


 

Comments

Mii Stitch said…
A very pretty finish and great new stash!
Such a generous friend! Lovely finish for Christopher.
woolwoman said…
WOW - what treasures from your DF. that is awesome Karoline. I bet those Merry Cox things would sell for a good penny on Ebay. I love your Scarlet House sampler and Chris' ornament is so adorable. Hope February is a great month for you. Cheers Mel
Andrea said…
A great ornament for DS and a great start to your DT piece. Some wonderful stash from your friend and bought by yourself.
geeky Heather said…
Hmmm...I may have that Drawn Thread kit, too...still unstarted...

Lovely things from your friend, and that ornament is great!
Carol said…
I just love that DT WIP, Karoline--and what a cute ornament for your son... He'll have quite a collection when he is all grown up!
Brigitte said…
Great to see that you got a lot of stitching in. I love the ornament you finished for Christopher. And such a lovely DT piece that you started at the beginning of the year.
Great new stash!
Penny said…
Prairie Garden is so pretty! And what a lovely finish on Christopher's ornament! Love seeing your new acquisitions. : )
Joanie said…
Love your stitching especially Christopher's ornament and I'm happy to see that you started the Drawn Thread. It's one of my favorites!

Your friend is so generous. That Merry Cox piece is one to drool over.
Margaret said…
What a generous friend! Such lovely things she gave you! Love seeing your stitching -- it all looks great!
What pretty stitching you do. I love your project choices. Happy Stitching from me.

Popular Posts