More Dorothy

I spent last week back with Dorothy Walpole.  I'm planning on working on her every other week (were possible) in the hope that I might manage to finish her this year.  At the moment I'm alternating stitching one word of the over one verse with putting a length of thread in the border.  I have to break up working on the over one for my own sanity.

IMAG1564

My Manu cardigan has grown a lot since I last shared a picture.  December was so busy that the long rows of  stocking stitch were just what I needed for the many evenings when I couldn't face anything else.  I'm now about three quarters of the way up the body.
IMAG1573

I have now finished my first book of the year - The Vet's Daughter by Barbara Comyns.  I read this for my book club and you can see what we thought about it here.  This book was my choice for the group, I put it forward as I'd picked up a copy after reading what Simon had to say on Stuck in a Book and I didn't want to leave it lingering on my TBR.


Speaking of the TBR,  I'm trying to resist adding to it this year as it's been expanding at an exponential rate over the last few years.  However I couldn't resist these two books which I saw on my local supermarkets charity shelf. It was most unusual to see anything other than recent best sellers so I had to pick them up.

 IMAG1563

Comments

Mii Stitch said…
Your sampler is lovely, must be a joy to work on, so colourful!
Anne said…
Dorothy is stunning and that's a good goal to keep your sanity!
Margaret said…
Love Dorothy! Manu is a gorgeous sweater! Yours is coming along beautifully! (Love Kate Davies!)
Carol said…
That is a great way to stitch the sampler, Karoline--I always have to alternate the border with something else, too. Don't know how people just sit down and stitch an entire border first :)

Enjoy your weekend!

Brigitte said…
Your Dorothy is coming along reat. But I can understand that you can't stitch more than one word over one in a row. I avoid over one stitching wherever I can, lol.

Great progress on the cardigan. I also love to read one or more of these old books that you can't really buy anymore. I wish I still had some of the books of my early teenage years when I was just devouring books so that I could re-read them.
Melissa said…
Glad you are back on Dorothy. She is such a pretty sampler!
Dorothy is a beauty indeed. I'm sure you can't wait to get to the flowers at the bottom - my favourite part.
Knitting is so relaxing when it's straightforward, it's great for watching television if you're too tired for anything more challenging.
Lois said…
Dorothy is looking lovely Karoline. Nice progress with the knitting too!
Ali said…
Your Making great in roads on Dorothy she is looking great! I am intrigued by your book The Vets Daughter off now to nosy about it. Ali x
butterfly said…
Dorothy is comind along lovely , hugs.
Ranae said…
Dorothy is looking stunning
I love the purple for the cardigan
Ellen said…
Dorothy is so pretty as is your cardigan. I love your yarn color.
Sally said…
Gorgeous sampler. Lots of lovely colours in it.

Your cardigan is looking lovely.
Linda said…
Your sampler is gorgeous. Great post, thank you so much for sharing. :)
butterfly said…
Your sampler is looking great love the cardigan .

Popular Posts