No progress update this week as I wanted to blog Rosie's dress before I go any further.
Scully was correct when she identified it as being by Clothkits. I have vague memories of making various things from Clothkits in their previous incarnation many years ago. Since they relaunched a few years ago I've loved the screen prints they use, especially on the little girls dresses so in the spring I bought a kit to make one of the Funky Chicken Shift Dresses for Rosie.
I started working on the dress during the Easter holidays, the kit comes beautifully packaged with everything needed to complete the dress (apart from the sewing machine!).
Since then I worked at it on and off as I got the opportunity, it has to be said that was no where near fast enough for Rosie who monitored progress closely. While there are things I might do differently when I make another one (and I'm sure I will) I'm really pleased with the finished dress and most importantly so is Rosie.
I should add that they don't suggest putting the pocket in the middle of the dress but that was where Rosie wanted it, so that was where I put it!