Thursday, June 04, 2009

Baa Ram Ewe

There has been a degree of excitement genereated by knitters in Leeds this week as we've gained a new wool shop - Baa Ram Ewe. Rosie and I went over yesterday to have a browse and had a lovely time. We had a lovely welcome from the owner Verity and she was very tolerant of Rosie's desire to fondle all the wool that was at her eye level.


After much contemplation Rosie and I decided on a skein of Noro Kureyon Sock yarn. As you can see Rosie is very taken with it!

Photobucket

I've also managed to finish my latest pair of socks, knit in Schoeller+Stahl Fortissima Colori Socka Color using a generic top down pattern.

Photobucket

14 comments:

Paula said...

The shop looks great. It seems that Rosie is developing expensive sock yarn tastes lol.
THGe socks look great.

Margaret said...

Looks like you have a future knitter on your hands there. :D Rosie has good taste in yarn! How nice that you have a local yarn shop now. I wish I had one. Great socks by the way. I have yet to try socks but maybe someday.

Old Yankee Stitcher said...

Tell Rosie I think she made a lovely choice. CJ ok;-)

Miss 376 said...

I can't remember the last time I saw a yarn shop open. It looks like a delightful place to be and a great choice of yarn. Happy knitting

Siobhan said...

Ah, always good to see a needle arts shop open!

gio162 said...

You lucky people, over here wool shops tend to close down rather than open... Gorgeous socks!

Annemarie said...

Oh, how fabulous! I love the interior and the name of the shop is hilarious (Babe, right?).
Rosie has good eye for colour and great taste in sock yarn. You must be a very proud Mum :o)

Jo said...

Way hay!!! I'd not heard about this before... Looks like a fantastic opportunity, I'm planning a shopping trip already. Sadly I'm away at the weekend, so I'll have to wait a bit...

Lovely socks

Von said...

What a sweet little shop! I'm sure you and Rosie will be regular visitors. :)

Sam said...

Sounds like great fun - I remember shopping for yarn with my mum when I was small and loved looking at all the bright colours :o)

joanne wardle said...

love your socks. I was at baa ram ewe on friday! gorgeous isn't it?

did you see the mug cosies? they are mine!

Jenny said...

What a cutie Rosie is! And such great taste in yarn too. :)

Sharon said...

Lovely socks!

Scully said...

Baa Ram Ewe was lovely wasn't it Karoline? I hope to make one of the knit nights one day. Rosie looks so sweet holding that yarn and her dress/tunic is adorable.
Love the socks too.