Last weekend I got together with some friends and fellow Elinor M. Brent-Dyer fans for a day of knitting, stitching, chatting, much laughter and cake.

Photobucket

My contribution on the cake front - the Chalet School Apple Cake from Jane Brocket's Cherry Cake and Ginger Beer. It disappeared very quickly as we followed Jane's serving instructions to the letter!

Photobucket

I also got to collect a pair of socks by Dawn that I won in a raffle, knit in Fyberspates Blue Faced Leicester in Daffodil they are seriously bright especially next to my purple shoes.

Comments

Those look like socks I could happily live in. :)
cathymk said…
A Chalet School fan! I have to admit I've never read one but I never weed them from my libraries because I know they will always have an audience. I love their covers. Beautiful socks!
Carol R said…
Great socks but I prefer the delicious looking cake!
Dani - tkdchick said…
Those socks look super cozy!
Cheryl said…
Oh my goodness that cake looks amazing...im so hungry LOL

Popular Posts