Thursday, May 10, 2007

A Lovely Display

Yesterday we had rather wet and windy night, so when I got up this morning I found that one of the branches of my tree peony had keeled over. The peony is absolutely covered in blooms this year and I found that once I cut the blooms off the branch has recovered slightly but it will need a good prune later on this year.

As a result I now have this gorgeous display on my mantelpiece to enjoy. Most of the blooms are pretty blown but they should last a few days.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And heres an 'arty' shot of one of the blooms.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

12 comments:

Annemarie said...

Lovely flowers, Karoline. At least this foul weather is good for something, then :o)

Itching To Stitch said...

Peonies are one of my favorite flowers, thanks for sharing ;)

Carol said...

OOoo, very pretty! I would love some yellow ones, but only have dark pink - and one small bush that has white with red streaks... gotta get some yellow after looking at yours!

Anne S said...

Wow, those peonies are stunning - love 'em! :D

TeresaB said...

Karoline - Thanks for sharing your peonies. I adore them, but they won't grow here in FL, so I am resigned to sigh over others....sigh....

Von said...

Oh, how I LOVE peonies!! And what a display you've made from your unfortunate event. :D

Isabelle said...

Your peonies are glorious, Karoline!

Seahorse said...

I didn't even know you get get yellow peonies! Glad you were able to rescue them, they make a lovely display.

Susan said...

What gorgeous peonies - I didn't know you could get yellow ones, either!

coonie said...

I love your pictures!

Barbara said...

STUNNING! I've never been able to make a peony grow.

Vonna said...

OH!!! Peonies are my favorite spring flower :) They are so lovely! And these are spectacular! Yellow is "one" of my favorite colors and these are just wonderful!
Makes me sad...we moved last spring and I had to leave my peonies because they were in full bloom...I'd like to go back and dig up a root of them all...but :(