Sigh...

it's been almost a week between entries. I'm definitely getting more into blogging these days as I used to think one entry a week was me doing well!

Life's been rather busy at the moment and I'm not getting much stitching time at the moment. I agreed to applique a stall cover for a campaign group I'm involved in with the words 'Leeds World Development Movement' last month so that is getting most of my attention at the moment. I'm currently two thirds of the way through and I think I can get it finished for the beginning of July if I stick with doing one letter a night (oh and I'm doing it by hand doh!).

Another distraction was that we went down to London for the weekend to see friends on the Saturday. This used up the last of our current batch of free first class tickets, it's going to be a real shock to the system to have to pay for tickets again never mind have to travel cattle class!

I did have a nice surprise on the Saturday as we walked to our friends house as we stumbled across a new knitting shop - Stash Yarns. Obviously I had to go in for a browse, the shop was in it's first week of opening and stocks some of the more hard to find (offline for me at least) brands . I spent a very pleasant time fondling the stock and chatting to the owner. If you're in the area I strongly recommend a visit. And while I could have cheerfully bought all of what she stocks I managed to restrain myself to some Lorna's Laces Shepherds Socks in Bittersweet.

I did find a bit of time to stitch over the weekend and I finished one of The Victoria Sampler Beyond Cross Stitch series - number 2-1. I'm starting they're Heirloom anniversary Sampler soon for my parents and as I've not done any ribbon embroidery before I did this to try out the new stitch Spiders Web Roses.




I've also managed to get the next bit of my SAL on Summer Arbor complete. We stitched the bottom border, only the top to go now so there should be a finish sometime next week :)

Comments

Paula said…
I love the ornament design and Summer Arbour is looking great too.
Stash sounds like a brill shop - especially with them having Lorna's lace.
I wouldn't worry about travelling standard class; when I booked to go to Kate's GTG, the first class singles were cheaper than the standard class ones.
Anonymous said…
Sounds like you ARE getting more into blogging now. What a busy time you've had, though, I think you have an excuse. And the pictures make up for it. ;) You did a nice job with the spider web roses. They aren't hard, but a little practice will go a long way. And your Summer Arbor looks great. Almost there! Have a great weekend. :)
Von said…
Karoline, I think you're going to love ribbon embroidery. Great job on the VS piece! More good work on the DT Arbor - I love that entire series. :D
Very nice progress!
Lelia said…
Very nice VS ornament -- I don't think I've attempted ribbon embroidery -- yours looks great.

Summer Arbor is nearly there! Looks wonderful : D
Annemarie said…
I love the look of Summer Harbour and the VS ornament is stunning!
Anne S said…
Summer Arbor is looking stunning - I think the borders are the part I almost love the most, it just seems to frame everything beautifully :) And your SRE ornie is lovely too - those VS little kits are fantastic to try out new stitches and techniques.

Popular Posts