Progress w/e 1st April

Stitching : - I've made a small amount of progress on The Drawn Thread's Prairie Garden, there hasn't been a lot of time to work on this one as we were travelling both times it came up in my rotation.

IMG_20180325_165123

There has been more progress on One Moment in Time by Jackie du Plessis,  I am almost at the halfway point on the pieces for the bag sides.  I am at 4/8 side pieces stitched and well on the way with the second of the four pocket pieces.  I do enjoy working on the pockets as there is a much better pattern to outline ratio!
IMG_20180403_141907
IMG_20180403_141916

Last month I decided to join in with the Santa Sunday's hashtag on Instagram in order to get some more Christmas ornaments stitched.  I am starting with the ornament for Christopher for last year (*ahem*) I am stitching him Checking the list by Dragon Dreams from the Just Cross Stitch Ornament Edition 2007.

IMG_20180401_221209


I continue to get some 'help' when I sit down to stitch, apparently my charts need careful guarding!


IMG_20180330_200603

There was also some stash acquisition :) I picked up Hands across the Sea Samplers Jane Vaughan 1724 and The Scarlett House On Redware Road.

IMG_20180320_180319

Knitting: - Work has continued on Rosie's Hoodie, I have almost finished the second sleeve.

IMG_20180330_172544
And I am making good progress on my Citron Grande, I have just started the sixth pattern repeat.


IMG_20180323_184314

Reading: - I have only finished one book since my last update, The Card by Arnold Bennett.  Not the best of Bennett's I've read but it was entertaining to read about the way Denry cut a swathe through the Five Towns!

IMG_20180331_170818

There have been a few new books added to the TBR - the Elizabeth Fair and Rose MacAuley are down to the influence of Simon and Rachel on the Tea or Books Podcast.   The other pile includes my Persephone subscription book, It's Hard to be hip over Thirty by Judith Voist and the result of a rare chance to have a browse in Waterstones.

IMG_20180325_172519
IMG_20180401_173646

I mentioned earlier that we had been travelling a lot in March, I had already told you about Rosalin's birthday trip. A couple of weeks later we had another trip that was just Rosalin and I, she was singing along with around 700 other children from her Drama School at the London Stadium during the Saracen's v's Harlequin's Rugby match.  She had a fantastic time and apparently they so impressed the folk at the stadium they have been asked back next year.  Here is a photo from the rehearsal to give an idea of the scale.

London_Stadium_March026

Comments

Carol said…
Such pretty creations, Karoline--lovely knitting and stitching! And your daughter's singing in the stadium must have been a major "Proud Mom Moment!!"
Your helper is very cute:-) I love your new stitching choices - I have always been drawn to band samplers. Singing in such an arena would be quite an experience for your daughter.
Margaret said…
You've been busy! So many pretty projects to drool over. That trip to the stadium must have been so much fun! I bet your daughter loved it!
Penny said…
I think I tend to stay away from Drawn Thread designs because of the specialty stitches but your Praire Garden is tempting me - so pretty! And I love your stitching companion. : ) This post has some of all of my favorite things. I know you must be so proud of your daughter -- that stadium would have been a little intimidating for me. : )
Brigitte said…
Wonderful knitting and stitching, Karoline. I'm a fan of The Drawn Thread and years ago I stitched the Alpine Garden, which was a lot of fun. I don't know why I haven't started the other three Gardens yet. It's about time ...
Lara-Sophie said…
Looks really beautiful and to be honest it is such a great inspirtaion! Wish I could do this too, haha!
xoxo
Lara

www.verylara.com

Popular Posts