March Madness Round Up
It's time to wrap up my 'March Madness' stitching. My goal for the month was simple - I wanted to stitch at least once on all my wips as listed in my side bar and I'm pleased to say I met that goal.
My projects for the first half of the month can be found here and now it's onto the rest
First up was another CA Wells class project - the Three Sided Reticule that was designed for the tenth anniversary class at Hanging by A Thread in 2006. I completed the cross stitch border on one side and started the next. When I got the piece out in the day light to take the photograph I noticed that my colour sequencing is way out on one side so I will have to frog, it had looked fine under artificial light.
Then it was the turn of the Red Rabbit Scrimshaw case by Forget Me Nots in Stitches, this is a companion to the Red Rabbit Needlecase I finished last year. I stitched some of the back stitched border.
Next up was Juda Hale in Miniature by Eileen Bennett. I have worked on it occasionally since I last posted a progress photo, all I did this time was the letter 'H'
Then it was Above the Clouds by Teresa Wentzler where I continued to work on the wing. You can see my last progress picture here
After that I pulled out the project that lives in the study (I keep a few projects scattered round the house that I can pick up if the opportunity presents itself) This is a tapestry kit by Landmark Tapestries called Stained Glass Sunflower that I started back in 1995/6. Then got put in a box and brought out again 3 years ago when I was looking for a project to work on when Rosie was around. This time I worked some more of black border.
Next up was another class from Ackworth 2008, a Needlelace pinkeep by Doreen Holmes. I worked on this a little last year and completed the first square of the needlelace, please excuse my shocking stitch tension that is something I shall be trying to work on for the other blocks. This time I made a start on the next square, it took a couple of goes to get it right as I started out going the wrong way!
Then I moved onto stitching a bit more on Anniversary Rose by Forget Me Nots in Stitches. After I finished the first band of Montenegrin stitch I discovered that I had started the stitch two threads too far down, fortunately(!) I only had to frog the first inch of the stitch rather than the whole band and was able to move onto the rest of the Montenegrin stitch. But as you can imagine the air got a bit colourful when I discovered the mistake...
And finally I got to the last of the projects - Fruits of the Vine by With My Needle. I finished the band with the Queen Stitch hearts then moved onto the next one.
Having met my goal I managed to revisit a couple of the projects. First I went back and froged the four side stitch on the fob for CA Well's Whitework companion and finally managed to stitch the four sided stitch border correctly.
Then I went on and completed the back stitching on The Nutmeg Needles Happy Winter, I 'just' need to complete the border and stitch a back to match.