Rosie gets the Blues

This is going to be a post of many parts. First off I would like to thank all of you who commented on my last post, all the messages meant a great deal to us.

IMG_3927

We have been treated to a great deal of blues harp over recent weeks. Rosie found her Daddy's harmonicas and it didn't take her very long at all to get the hang of playing them. It could be that as I've been working my way through our CD collection with her and we recently hit a run of Charlie Musselwhite albums that she found inspiration. She certainly seems to enjoy her Delta Blues.

IMG_3922

There has been a bit of stitching going on when I can fit it in. I've started an online class - Anniversary Roses with Lauren Sauer of Forget Me Nots In Stitches that's been offered by Susan at Hanging by a Thread. I've finished the first section of this gorgeous sampler, you can see a picture of the complete sampler on the class page.

Anniversary Roses 18062010-Edit

Lastly Ellen has asked how much longer it is till Alien 2 arrives. Because of some health issues on my part which have led to me being diagnosed with Obstetric Cholestasis again, I'm scheduled for induction on the 5th July when I will be at 38 weeks. This is the same condition that led to Rosie's early arrival. I would have preferred not to be induced again but ultimately my only goal is to have a healthy baby so I'm concentrating on the positives. Dave has his leave booked, we can get Rosie over to my folks and I'm not having to worry that everything will kick off in the middle of the night with Dave at the other end of the country and me having to find people who can run me to hospital and to look after Rosie.

Comments

KarenV said…
Rosie is really growing up fast Karoline :) Love your new WIP and hope everything goes well with the new arrival!
Christine S said…
Best wishes for your induction, Karoline! Rosie is such a beautiful little girl and you've made lovely progress on your stitching!
Grace said…
Hope the induction goes well, will keep my fingers crossed for a safe delivery and look forward to the birth announcement.
Anniversary Roses is looking good!
Margaret said…
Good luck with the induction and all! I hope Alien 2 has a wonderful, safe, arrival! Rosie is so adorable -- I love her smile! Good for her that she likes playing the harmonica! Love that Lauren Sauer piece -- gorgeous colors! Take it easy if you can!
Rowyn said…
Rosie is such a cutie!

Love your new sampler, you're making good progress.

Good luck for 5 July - I hope it all goes well!
Sheila said…
Gosh, Rosie is growing so fast - and is so pretty :)
Love the LS piece you are doing.
And best wishes, good luck, whatever it is one is supposed to say, with the imminent arrival of No,2 :)
Melissa said…
My goodness, Rosie looks like such a young lady! How time flies!

That's funny your comment about "Alien 2". I always thought Ridley Scott had a warped sense of humour when he made that movie!

Good luck and best wishes for the upcoming induction etc!

Anniversary Roses look very pretty!
Ellen said…
Best wishes, Karoline...just a few more weeks to go.

I can't believe how big Rosie is getting. Wish I could see her again soon in person. Is she ready to be a big sister?

Take care.
I will keep my fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly leading up to July 5. {{{hugs}}}

Rosie looks so grown up now! She's adorable!
Siobhán said…
Rosie is such a beautiful little girl! I'm glad to hear she's keeping you in music as you near your due date. :) I hope all goes well. Lovely stitching progress!
Giovanna said…
That's funny, my 10yo has been playing DH's harmonica these past few days - he actually sounds quite good, lol. Your sampler is just beautiful! All the best with these last few weeks of pregnancy.
Katrina said…
Rosie is such a beauty! Cute, cute pictures :-). Best wishes for an easy delivery for you and the baby.

Love the sampler!
Carol R said…
How gorgeous is Rosie? And she looks so cute playing the harmonica!

Anniversary Roses is beautiful.
woolwoman said…
Karoline I'm sorry to hear you've experienced the same difficulties with this pregnancy - I'll be praying you have an easy time of it. Love your new Lauren piece - it's gorgeous. Someone else is gorgeous too! Rosie is quite the little darling. Melody
Sherry :o) said…
Good luck with your new arrival! Fireworks for the birthday baby - how cool.

Nice stitching progress.
sillyewe said…
Hi! I just happened upon your blog looking for Quaker pinballs. Did you ever finish yours? What type of thread did you use? What I did see looked really wonderful. :0) Glad to have found your blog.
joann in tx said…
Rosie is adorable! as i'm sure alien no. 2 will be too! wishes for a safe delivery!!!

p.s. i'm sorry to hear about Tansy. our pets mean so much to us. hugs!!!
Annemarie said…
Been away for a while and I just read in your post that you were scheduled to be induced YESTERDAY! I hope everything went smoothly and that Alien 2 is no longer an Alien. I'm thinking of all of you!
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular Posts