A Lovely Display

Yesterday we had rather wet and windy night, so when I got up this morning I found that one of the branches of my tree peony had keeled over. The peony is absolutely covered in blooms this year and I found that once I cut the blooms off the branch has recovered slightly but it will need a good prune later on this year.

As a result I now have this gorgeous display on my mantelpiece to enjoy. Most of the blooms are pretty blown but they should last a few days.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And heres an 'arty' shot of one of the blooms.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Comments

Annemarie said…
Lovely flowers, Karoline. At least this foul weather is good for something, then :o)
Sue said…
Peonies are one of my favorite flowers, thanks for sharing ;)
Carol said…
OOoo, very pretty! I would love some yellow ones, but only have dark pink - and one small bush that has white with red streaks... gotta get some yellow after looking at yours!
Anonymous said…
Wow, those peonies are stunning - love 'em! :D
TeresaB said…
Karoline - Thanks for sharing your peonies. I adore them, but they won't grow here in FL, so I am resigned to sigh over others....sigh....
Von said…
Oh, how I LOVE peonies!! And what a display you've made from your unfortunate event. :D
Kitty Couture said…
Your peonies are glorious, Karoline!
Seahorse said…
I didn't even know you get get yellow peonies! Glad you were able to rescue them, they make a lovely display.
What gorgeous peonies - I didn't know you could get yellow ones, either!
Anonymous said…
I love your pictures!
STUNNING! I've never been able to make a peony grow.
Vonna Pfeiffer said…
OH!!! Peonies are my favorite spring flower :) They are so lovely! And these are spectacular! Yellow is "one" of my favorite colors and these are just wonderful!
Makes me sad...we moved last spring and I had to leave my peonies because they were in full bloom...I'd like to go back and dig up a root of them all...but :(

Popular Posts